This week started with the launch of the NFT Marketplace, and was fun to say the least. We identified some areas for improvement on the marketplace and worked hard and fast to implement solutions.
Some areas of improvement were marketplace speed, filtering/sorting, and gas fee reduction.
The team continues the work of redesigning environments and assets (customized).
In addition, we are continuing to spend a lot of time on some less interesting (but very important) parts of the game code, including networking, controllers re-design, and more.
This Past Week in Mist
- NFT Marketplace went live and experienced solid traffic
- Re-vamped and upgraded multiple Marketplace functionalities
- Improved speed of marketplace by 9x
- Re-coded and hot-fixed gas fee issue; Gas fees are now much lower and usable
- Added sorting features to marketplace (users can now sort by price, etc)
- Character controller changes mostly finished. Finishing touches now.
- Worked on multiplayer networking and controller systems. This will be an important task we will focus on in the coming future.
- Redesign and other special features continued to be worked on.
- Other miscellaneous game system development
Disclaimer about the Mist Weekly Recap
This series gives the community a little more insight into the work the team is doing behind the scenes.
Most of the work the team is focused on now revolves around code, code, and more code. Not every week we have “Sexy” or “Interesting” updates, as most of the work we focus on is tedious (but important) code-focused tasks, such as blockchain connectivity, in-game systems, or others. And most of that stuff we won’t share anyway for obvious reasons. These systems are the main focus of any serious dev team, but unfortunately not exciting pieces to share each week.
With that said, we will do our best to share enough recap points each week to keep everyone up-to-date with what the team has been working on, by sharing a few highlights each week.
Note that continuous work such as environment design, spell optimization, blockchain systems, etc. are constantly being worked on so they may not be mentioned too often. We will focus on the most interesting (but not necessarily the most important) developments each week. And there will probably be things that we are working on that we want to keep secret, for the sake of timing, security, or other reasons.
Learn More About Mist: